- Messages
- 683
Make it grow, I really like this site but it is lagging in participants imo.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I worked in the side that I participated in the most, which was the marketplace. The lag in the past made it unusable and even now using the site to purchase is like staying in an abusive relationship. It’s not an eazy flow to look for things. My thought was over time people would discover us and use this setup since it’s easier, faster, more functional.At the end of the day, I have some youtube videos to watch for gun news and like 95% of the users, I only use calguns or even here JUST for buying and selling guns.. There isnt too much else involved then that, cali market is horrible with the roster list so forums are the best for that. No one I know even checks any other forum, so thats the reality at the end of the day in my opinion. This site works very well, but when I search I get nothing for tons of guns, so until there is a way to convince people to post on both sites, it will be hard here
Thanks for the insight. Took a minute but I was thinking of another website entirely unrelated to 2a matters.On the contrary. I've been on Calguns since before the current owner kestryll ran it. I've known quite a few of the principals, in particular in the heyday of the Calguns Foundation being founded (on the Calguns discussion forum), and I still talk to a few of them behind the scenes.
The Calguns discussion forum is very much a for-profit enterprise for kestryll. He makes good money from it ... not at the "getting rich" level, but at the "comfortable supplement to income with little work and zero hassle" level. The only problem with this plan has been in the last few years, when the underlying infrastructure (hardware and software) has been falling apart, and he has had to invest both time and money into making it better. Note that he also has a day job. I have no idea whether/when he's planning to retire from that.
Nonsense. The owner, moderation and membership at Calguns is anything but woke.CALGUNS WENT WOKE, THEN IT WENT BROKE!![]()
He’s already here and a content contributor. Some people are swinging by, it’s just forum activity is low.caguns need to recruit veteran users such as "Librarian" on Calguns. He is very knowledgeable and plays the role of "moderator"
Transition takes time for the marketplace, but more and more are coming over. We’ve increased the number of classifieds by 200+ since they went down and growing.Calguns is honestly the worst run website I’ve ever seen. Looks like it’s from the early 1990’s and it’s pathetic. But…it does have a lot of users and it’s much easier to buy/sell on their platform. Can’t believe it takes them this long to “update” their website.
Oh yea this website is 1000 times better. I hope everyone transitions here leaves thatTransition takes time for the marketplace, but more and more are coming over. We’ve increased the number of classifieds by 200+ since they went down and growing.
With the sin tax in place secondary markets are more important than ever. You save ~21% off retail now, just in tax so an update is good. If the update doesn’t go well, this platform exists with all the trader feedback and buyer and seller tools that doesn’t exist in vbulletin.
I paid for software with specific features and customized for CA 2A space, something vbulletin can’t do.
I have no doubt it will. The first user was added at the end of March, we’re at this level now with nearly 3300 members in 5-6 months. It’s a strong indicator in time we’ll grow. These delays with Calguns also help with the transition. CGN used to run as a service to the community, times have kinda changed.Oh yea this website is 1000 times better. I hope everyone transitions here leaves thathole in the dust. Just right now it’s hard to buy/sell. Hopefully that changes.
So, creating this to discuss the migration and wish the smoothest transition
When CAguns came around, I was really excited, as were plenty of other folks, apparently. But when Calguns resurfaced, it appears that many users shuffled on back in a futile attempt to rekindle the way things used to be. Now that Calguns has left everyone hanging again, folks are coming on back to CAguns. So maybe this isn't so bad after all.
The 2A space is already very challenging. I just lost my payment provider and recently migrated over to a new one. Sadly, i lost most of my monthly subscribers in the process and will reach out to them to sign up again.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I've upgraded your account because your donation helps us provide this site for free for everyone else.Ok. Just kicked a few bucks your way. Not enough for you to retire, but maybe enough to buy a few extra bytes for the forum.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!