- Messages
- 180
You need to add another row to the table. "Does it work?" 
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
One member deleted older posts to make sure his number of posts was always 666. He was a really nice guy; during the early days of the OLL revolution, he taught everyone about how ARs work, and how to make them legal (before we had fin grips, bullet buttons and mag locks). May he rest in peace.Some people on Calguns would delete all there post at the end of the day. It did seem strange.
You say "make look terrible". I often wonder whether that's actually a correct evaluation; it may just be that the gun community happens to attract a lot of terrible people. Clearly not all gun people are in this category, in particular not in California (where somewhere between a quarter and half of all gun people are democrats or left wing). But lots of them.Some other differences include Calguns giving safe harbor to misogynists, homophobes, and racists, all of which make the gun community look terrible. Off-Topic has a lot of angry, bitter people who echo chamber themselves.
Aside from that, if you voice a political opinion that isn't right wing, you get dogpiled.
You say "make look terrible". I often wonder whether that's actually a correct evaluation; it may just be that the gun community happens to attract a lot of terrible people. Clearly not all gun people are in this category, in particular not in California (where somewhere between a quarter and half of all gun people are democrats or left wing). But lots of them.
I personally find it funny you go over to CalGuns and start fighting in the off topic forum.
Why bother? You have a forum that works. We get it you are the judge of what goes here. What ok and what is not. We get it.
But my question is, who cares? Who cares what CalGuns is doing right/better? If I want to post something for sale or be berated by oldin the off topic I go there. If I want to be berated about how great soy is and the Democrats are actually not that bad for my second amendment rights I come here.
So in all seriousness, why do YOU, go to CalGuns Off topic and pick fights with those guys?
I am genuinely interested and curious.
Thanks
If folks in general are more ignorant of gun laws and firearms, is it surprising that their purported positions are more left of center, and they are possibly in denial (although I am pressed to understand how one can be ignorant on a subject and at the same time also in denial)?After having observed a decent sample size of caguns postings, I'm pretty confident in saying that another major difference is that there is a lot more ignorance of gun laws and just firearms in general. Like not knowing the basics of what defines an assault weapon or what the handgun roster is. As far as guns and 2A knowledge, calguns definitely beats caguns in that regard.
As far as political leanings, this site definitely leans to the left. I don't know if it is as far left as the "liberal gun club", but it isn't unbiased or "moderate". There are a lot of folks on this site who are totally in denial about what the Democratic party is trying to do to gun rights and gun culture. And some folks who are completely in support of the laws and restrictions that the Democratic party has implemented or has proposed.
If you’re serious about the question, I stop by there from time to time for verifications. Every now and then I pop into OT to see what the latest topics are, every now and then I see a topic relating to this site and me. If you notice, I don’t start topics.I personally find it funny you go over to CalGuns and start fighting in the off topic forum.
Why bother? You have a forum that works. We get it you are the judge of what goes here. What ok and what is not. We get it.
So in all seriousness, why do YOU, go to CalGuns Off topic and pick fights with those guys?
I am genuinely interested and curious.
Thanks
Turn off your filter in your preferences. In Calguns you’d get banned from what I hear.Ps, I can't say? Bewbs ha, there. I'm sure someone is mad now
Thank you for recognizing the overall goal. There’s so much to 2A laws, safety, maintenance, training, etc for CA specifically that people just don’t know. Having an organized space for people to search through is important to have but very difficult to create & populate.The interesting thing for me is that the owner could shutdown every forum not related to the Marketplace and still run the site he envisioned. But, he doesn’t because, in my opinion, he’s seeking to develop a broader community which includes information on legal constraints and educates the viewer on the excessive crush that the state has put on gun owners.
With that education, the issues of uneducated or liberal gun owners who don’t understand the system can be countered.
It’s also a little fun, to get them wound up and then leave. In a way, I think they enjoy it too.Hilarious reply and I do appreciate it. Sincerely I do.
Like I said, "who cares" what CalGuns says about this site, and especially you?
What difference does it make in your day to day?
Zero.
If I were you, I wouldn't go into the off topic there and try and "correct" the bewbs in there and pick fights.
Makes you look really petty.
You own a site that works. Hooray you already won.
(Read that again.)
Your site works. That is why CalGuns members are even here.
Reddit members and here for memes.
I kid, I kid.
Life is too serious already. Who cares about this nonsense?
Combination of things really. Perfect storm of a lot of things happening all at once.At the end of the day, isn’t it the owner’s fault of calguns that the site is broken because he didn’t update the forum software for years? Is this what actually happened? I’ve been under the impression outdated software is what killed it because he was afraid of legacy features not working. At the end, it killed everything.
Or did i get this completely wrong? Lol
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!