- Messages
- 9
Wow if that’s the rig he actually has it set up on I’m surprised. Seriously ancient setup jeez!
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Have you ever read the book "Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel"The USS Texas was one of the last Dreadnought's the United States built yet served in 2 world wars and was lethal in the second one, what one looks like and what it can do is very different. It's sad to me so much angst being tossed at CN here, it's where we all came from for pete's sake!
What site?There was a site that went up about 2005 that catered to a specfic interest here in SoCal. It was great. All the cool kids came, newbies were welcome, and everyone knew one another. Things were pretty good for six or eight years, until technical issues arose. The owner squashed the bugs, but more popped up. They multiplied faster than he could fix them. Eventually the site became unusable. The owner thought his site was the shizz and that he was going to get rich off it. He was the king, and the king needed no help from peasants. He really should have accepted help or turned the reins over to someone who could stay on top of it. The site fizzled, everyone left, and it's now a hollow shell of what it used to be. Out of curiosity I just checked the site. The most recent post was last year. It's been three months since an administrator logged in. I suppose this is could be a cautionary tale, not only for Internet forums, but for many other things in life. When things are dark and you're sinking, don't be so bigheaded that you refuse assistance.
Looks like it kicks the bucket when there's ~100+ members logged in. That seems to be approximately the time when the site goes toJust logged on, unuseable. Shut down for weeks to make the site even worse.
There would be over 100 members sometimes just viewing the market place at any given time, no pictures showing, no search feature, etc, I hope he gets it figured out this week.Looks like it kicks the bucket when there's ~100+ members logged in. That seems to be approximately the time when the site goes to
They went back to the way it was pre cloud migration.
Given the numbers we've heard, it's sort of ridiculous to try to run a web site that brings in about $5K or $10K of revenue a month on a $70 host.There’s no room for growth. Imagine trying to run a site with several thousand simultaneous users on a $35/$70 dedicated host! Database AND webserver on 4 cores!![]()
Right?The one thing I just saw when I finally got it loaded for 1 page and then couldn’t go to the next was hilarious. Just a page of people praising him for all his hard work and dedication to calguns.
Businesses/advertisers, sellers, etc.100 should be plenty, who would ever want more than 100
/s
I've gone as far as I can go on the server side with the host company support, both free and paid. Now the issues are software and database related which means working with vBulletin.
I have been working with their support forum staff and have again run that out. I could keep going but with an average of one response a day it would take far longer than I want.
I've now engaged the paid support staff and given access to the server and software so the developers can come in and fix things. Hopefully these can be fixed while we're live but I cannot guarantee that.
On the plus side I've found someone who does mods for vB6 and reached out to him to find out if either a new mod to replace iTrader can be made or even if it is possible to use the original iTrader mod files to 'update' it to work with vB6.
I was planning on doing this yesterday to have things open for the weekend but yesterday was my 37th wedding anniversary and if I spent it working on the forum the Boss would have fired me.
And then killed me.
The end is near and soon the transition will be complete.
Would I get in trouble if I posted about this forum on their announcement thread?
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!