I’d much rather people spend their money on ammo and training but it’s surprisingly hard to get people there.
It’s the same price as an off roster Glock, but people would rather show and tell then have skills and do drills. Hopefully that paradigm will change.
You don’t need 10 different firearms. 2 with good training and a lot of ammo is the shizzle.
Logically you're absolutely correct.
However, I can't just go to my local range and try everyone's guns, though the people are friendly and we often do try each other's guns. That's how I tried an Atlas, a .40 caliber, some revolvers, Glocks, a .22 Colt, etc. These guns all started something or answered questions, or both.
I am way too curious a person to hear about Staccato and not try one, same with a Platypus or any of the legendary Atlas guns, or the various modified 9mms (CGW), or optic vs. no optic, etc.
Now that I have a little experience and have bought and sold a few guns, I know what I like. The mystery isn't quite so great. I know what it's like to own a Shadow 2, a Shadow 2 Compact, an Atlas Erebus, a top-of-the-line .22, a Cajunized SP-01, a Platypus, and soon...a Staccato. I can more clearly see the differences, and whether a gun's reputation is well-earned or overblown. The TS2 is amazing, everything people say it is. The Erebus? Amazing shooter, but not comfortable for me. Way overpriced given how good the TS2 Orange is, and I overpaid a bit for mine off-roster. Still worth it? Yes.
Without all this experience, my curiosity would be too great to ignore what's out there, and there's so much I haven't tried which I'm curious about. But, I now know what I like.
It's kinda like dating, right? You gotta pursue your interests until you know what you like, and what the dealbreakers are.