18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Who usually pays the fees during PPT? The buyer or seller?

FrostyDog

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
5
Who usually pays the fees during PPT? The buyer or seller? Sorry if this has been asked in 100 earlier threads, but I've searched and not found any.
 
Mostly the buyer unless you have a (prior) agreement with the seller.

A long time ago, I drove from the SF Bay Area to Rocklin for a particular off-roster that the seller had listed for a while. The seller agreed to cover the PPT fee rather than discounting the price for the commute up north.
 
Usually the buyer unless they are buddies or horse trading. Ultimately it is whatever the two people agree on. If you are a seller and the buyer thinks you should pay them, add $50 onto the price or don't sell it to them. If you are the buyer and think the seller should, be ready to not reach an agreement and someone else to pay the fees and get the deal instead.
 
Always the buyer in my experience. There are exceptions I'm sure.
 
Buyer, always. The exception to the rule is if buyer and seller agree to seller covering cost before meetup at an FFL.

TBH, been doing PPT for over 25 years and even the FFL always asks the buyer to pay fees.

I, as a seller made an exception one time years ago when someone drove down from L.A. to buy my gun, didn’t haggle price (couple thousand dollars sale) or location and was very communicative. At the time of paperwork, I told the FFL I would pay his fees as a thank you. Small gesture, but he appreciated it.
 
Back
Top Bottom