18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Suggestions for my next firearm?

Yeh that too. I’m not really a Glock fan but at time I got mine it was a no brainer. Works good but do hate the grip size. For me it’s a one purpose gun so I can deal with it. But liking the sig 220s and might get one.
I’ve seen one or two used Sig P220 for sale here for as low as $550. Not that long ago I saw a used P220 at a local firearms for $500 (needed 30 min of cleaning to get rid of some very mild rust in spots). In my mind these are amazing deals because folks these days just want plastic fantastic striker fired pistols.
 
15+ years ago I bought a lever action rifle to round out my collection. I fell in love to the point that might be the last rifle I would sell. I did not expect this. I went with 30-30. I think a lever action in 38 special/357 magnum would be very fun for the range.
I love lever action. Im looking at a marlin sbl in .44mag for $900 on gunbroker. Might be my 4th lever action.
 
15+ years ago I bought a lever action rifle to round out my collection. I fell in love to the point that might be the last rifle I would sell. I did not expect this. I went with 30-30. I think a lever action in 38 special/357 magnum would be very fun for the range.
Cha-Chunk! Gotta love a good levergun!
 
Cha-Chunk! Gotta love a good levergun!
They are nice. I also very much like the feeling and sounds of running a pump shotgun. Not that I need one, I’ve semi considered getting one of those pump rifles based on the REM 870 platform.
 
Maybe an AOW route
Heads up, just letting you and everyone know that ATF is currently arbitrarily denying and kicking back any and all eForm 1 and eForm 4 applications from Californians. Definitely watch Reno May's latest video on AOWs if you want to know more.
 
30-30 lever is a classic for sure. Love mine.
I have a Winchester 1894 chambered in 30-30 as well! I'm really sad because part of the lever action that ejects the spent casing broke and I can't find a gunsmith in LA County who could check it out.
 
Man you got a lot of varied opinions. But what’s your goal with your collection? Just to collect a variety or is there specific goals. For example, my collection focuses on self defense, so I keep the range of different calibers to a minimum and try to stick with platforms that interchangeable mags so I don’t have to worry about different mags. From there I focus on specific use cases. But to each their own. With out specific on what you want out of your collection, you’ll continue to get the varied recommendations like you have gotten basically just from peoples personal preferences.
 
Heads up, just letting you and everyone know that ATF is currently arbitrarily denying and kicking back any and all eForm 1 and eForm 4 applications from Californians. Definitely watch Reno May's latest video on AOWs if you want to know more.
How long before Form 1 applicants get a response?
 
Savage 12 BVSS any varmint hunters out there. And revolvers like SBH ruger 10.5 barrel in 44 mag or special.
Why so many semi autos. Slow and easy, make every shot count.
 
Back
Top Bottom