18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

News Shutting Current Events / Politics section down Oct - Dec

Latest news

Should this section be closed?

  • Yes - This is a good move - Get to work and keep building

    Votes: 95 76.6%
  • No - It's better to have this section than not

    Votes: 29 23.4%

  • Total voters
    124
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be closing this down by next week.. I opened this up thinking we could openly discuss things but apparently this section doesn't really bring people together. I think I have enough data where it causes more problems than I would like to deal with.

Instead, we'll be spending our resources on building out the new applications we're working on. We'll start to focus more on 2A. I know some people would like to discuss this but there's a lot of places to do that. I'd like to get back to being focused on building the 2A side of the site.

Please take a moment to vote on the poll...

Somethings cooking...

good, i fit no where not like israel and palestine, lol
 
PS. You should also implement strict rules against direct and indirect personal attacks and abusive comments to and about other users. All these rules should apply to users, mods and owners alike.

You’re more than welcome to setup your own space and define your own rules.
 
Politics and gun rights are so entwined in this state it's impossible to separate them.

Like a horse and carriage you can't have one without the other.
married with children GIF
 
^This^ is why I'm independent.
For what it’s worth, I’m an independent as well. If anything, I would most likely align myself with the Libertarians. But I’m pragmatic enough to know that voting for a third party candidate, or not voting at all, does nothing to advance gun rights. It actually has the practical effect of hindering the 2A movement. So I always vote for the lesser of two evils, which has been the Republican Party ever since the Democrats made gun control an official part of their party’s platform. There is zero question whatsoever about which party offers greater support for gun rights in this state, and in this country. Frankly, the two major parties are now almost polar opposites in this regard.

IMG_9397.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Politics and gun rights are so entwined in this state it's impossible to separate them.

Like a horse and carriage you can't have one without the other.
Considering the included reason for the second amendment is to resist tyranny, of course politics is inseparable from the 2nd.

Even the reason for the 2nd that was only revealed in the writings of James Madison, that the 2nd was included as a concession to slave owners so they could resist slave revolts, even that reason makes the 2nd politically charged.
 
As some people have shown even in this thread which is not about any particular political event, they cannot help but inject politics into things and give their opinions on what party is better instead of helping ikeo out. The main problem of course is how we as a community want the line to be drawn. I would LOVE not to hear a single thing about democrats, republicans, trump, or newsom on this board. I would love to just read through people's experiences with new rostered pistols, fun places to shoot, gunsmithing issues, etc. I would hope that other people would like this too.

I voted "no" on the poll because I was thinking maybe just being able to eject comments into the politics forum might be a decent escape valve - anytime it gets into political territory, your comments are being moved from the main board into the slapfight board, without assigning any particular blame / bans. If we don't have something similar, do we just have "ban" words where you can't post a comment that involves words on a political blacklist?

For example, talking about the glock ban - I'm sure some people want to lash out at their representatives / the way some people vote, but it's exhausting to wade through the constant "don't vote for democrats" / "get better republicans" debate that discussions like this ultimately bring out. I have plenty of thoughts myself, but I don't need to spend my limited brainpower shouting at other people or getting shouted at about votes when my county went 74% democrat, winning by more than 130,000 votes. There aren't even 130,000 people in r/CAguns. It would be helpful for us to be able to talk about the actual issues and how we're affected - has it been signed, best models to get, anyone with a 19c in stock, other manufacturers like shadow systems banned, timelines, etc., but people just cannot help themselves.
 
I didn't vote on the poll because I see value in both sides.

Perhaps the more sensitive participants can simply avoid those subjects?

That of course would require some self discipline, something some here have a problem with.
 
I didn't vote on the poll because I see value in both sides.

Perhaps the more sensitive participants can simply avoid those subjects?

That of course would require some self discipline, something some here have a problem with.
And it would help if the “current events” (a.k.a. political threads) could be separated from the “what’s new” section that people go to for one-stop shopping on gun-related content.
 
You know, I read a lot on the CAguns subreddit, and given the nature of California gun owners, more of you just need to run for office. Wouldn't take much to win, I think. Ever hear of the horseshoe political theory? If all you genuinely care about is guns, and that's your one issue, do that. If you are a Republican only for gun rights... run as a Democrat that won't take corporate PAC money, accuse the Establishment Dem of being corrupt, be America First, run on peace, run unabashedly against Trump, be pro worker, and figure out some way to articulate your position on firearms that's palatable to voters... I don't know, if I were to run I'd just say that we are going to pause all new gun legislation put up by the corrupt billionaire Bloomberg lobbyists, and establish a commission to study what works and what doesn't. Also make efforts to streamline processes, pass laws that make sense, or create incentives to take safety courses. If you have a CCW, for example, and you own one or more pistols, you can just skip the 10 day wait... just bring in your CCW license, show you're strapped with a quick peak, and they can release the new pistol to you right there. Also, we should be fighting for longer CCW licenses. Two years is bull💩.
 
One might win here running as a phony Democrat. Get in and vote with the republicans. It could work for one term. Then the dems would primary you out of office. The Republicans would not try to save that seat, they are dysfunctional here.

Our best chance is a mass exodus out of California. That won't happen unless our generous welfare programs are ended and most voters taken off the dole.

I don't remember a permanent "protester" class here years ago. They had a job.
 
What's the deal with not being able to access the site with VPN? Is that going to be a permanent thing?

Shame about the current events section closing we're just starting the war on american cities and satanic democrats, atheist terrorists, antifascist librarians and considering people who are brown effectively detainable based on their ethnicity things are just getting interesting
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom