18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Shipping on Calguns classifieds?

nicksbirch

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
3
I have a few higher ends LPVOs for sale and curious if shipping is a viable option w/o incurring too much risk. If folks have experience shipping via calguns classifieds, I’d appreciate any advice. Is it too risky for expensive item? Or are there some ways to minimize risk or protect against fraud. Thanks!
 
GAFShub and CAguns also has scammers…? 🤔 I think all private party shipping incurs some risk absent a credit card you can chargeback.

Paypal G&S has some buyer protections, but transacting firearm parts with Paypal is explicitly against their terms of service. I can’t speak to how successful you’re likely to be if filing a claim.

Use your best judgement and I wish you luck!
 
Not worth the risk. Filling a claim is time consuming and you can't automatically win even you are right.
 
No where is scammer free. In person, FTF is best but we also have a reputation system. Take a little off the top to ensure a good sale for both or take a little more $$ for increased risk
 
I would only do it by taking cash in person (then you have to verify the bills are real) or Zelle. Zelle is like them doing an instant bank transfer of funds so once they send it to you they cannot get it back, it's like depositing cash into your account. It's not like Paypal or venmo where they can open a claim.

I've never been scammed by always using either Zelle or making them venmo/paypal as friends and family so they can't do a claim. Honestly I'd be way more worried the carrier damages or "loses" the package.
 
Back
Top Bottom