18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Ruger Mark IV Accurizing Experience/Advice?

MC22413

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
1
Classified ads
1
I just purchased a Volquartsen Accurizing Kit for my Ruger Mark IV (That is in jail currently). I found a video online of the accurizing kit installation, it does a fairly good job going step by step but not every camera angle can really show deep into the lower 100% clearly. I'm afraid I'm going to mess something up and not know how to put the parts together again.

Does anyone have experience with performing the Accurizing kit themselves? My only experience has been with basic takedown and cleaning of my M&P 2.0, P322, and some rifles where I simply run CLP and Copper Fouling fluids with swabs through barrels, and then lubing it up. I'm certainly no gunsmith and quite frankly I don't even know what some of the parts do, I just know them by name.

Ideally I'd love to see what step-by-step instructions or videos you may have followed, or if someone is willing to hop on a Zoom call or meet up in person (South Bay Area, though I'm flexible) just to sit over my shoulder or provide an experienced hand, I'll pay for your lunch or buy you a pack of beer or something similar.
 
Back
Top Bottom