18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Reloading Help Needed

BBCAP

Member
Messages
28
I'm looking for information on reloading .38 Short Colt and .38 Long Colt with a 125 grain lead RF using Winchester 244 powder. Someone suggested 3.5 grains in the Short Colt but I feel that's extremely hot. Shooting it through a S&W 66 .357 Mag. Any thoughts? I appreciate any help. Thanks.
 
I would not go based off of what people tell you and go with published data.
 
@BBCAP Those are sound tough cartridges to find load data for. Checked my Speer, Hornady, Lapua, and Book of Cartridges and none of them list those cartridges. Hodgdon is certainly your best bet.
 
@BBCAP Those are sound tough cartridges to find load data for. Checked my Speer, Hornady, Lapua, and Book of Cartridges and none of them list those cartridges. Hodgdon is certainly your best bet.
Thank you very much for checking for me. I appreciate you looking. Very tough to find info for them. I have loading data for Bullseye that I used, but it's too messy. I want to try the WinClean 244 since it's a cleaner powder. I emailed Hodgdon. We'll see what happens. Thanks again.
 
Back
Top Bottom