18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

New To Site But Old Fart

echo1

Well-known member
📝 Contributor
Messages
444
Howdy Gunners,

Lifelong Kali occupant and gun owner here. Got my first rifle, a Mossberg M44US, from the Oakland Naval Supply Station surplus shed for $5 bucks in 1960. Mosly a milsurp C&R motorhead kinda guy. Camped, hiked, backpacked and flown all over Kali and the west. Like other recent newbies, came here since Calguns crashed and burned. PAX
 
Howdy Gunners,

Lifelong Kali occupant and gun owner here. Got my first rifle, a Mossberg M44US, from the Oakland Naval Supply Station surplus shed for $5 bucks in 1960. Mosly a milsurp C&R motorhead kinda guy. Camped, hiked, backpacked and flown all over Kali and the west. Like other recent newbies, came here since Calguns crashed and burned. PAX
Welcome old friend, good to see you here! I came over here for the same reason.
 
Nice to see a familiar moniker. I have been hoping that the old site would get a new lease, but have about given up. I don't see a C&R forum here. I'm gonna miss that one. Let's hope this can become as vibrant a community as the last.
 
Nice to see a familiar moniker. I have been hoping that the old site would get a new lease, but have about given up. I don't see a C&R forum here. I'm gonna miss that one. Let's hope this can become as vibrant a community as the last.
I don't think you'll find this place to be even close to being a replacement for CGN, but there is a C&R section. Look around, you'll see it, such as it is.
 
This site just started a few months ago. CGN was started in the early 2000s.
You can't build up in a few months what has otherwise been done in around 20 years.
 
Nice to see a familiar moniker. I have been hoping that the old site would get a new lease, but have about given up. I don't see a C&R forum here. I'm gonna miss that one. Let's hope this can become as vibrant a community as the last.

 
Back
Top Bottom