18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Message to private classified bowsers

USMC06RET,

I remember buying 30-06 in a wooden crate. That was a long, long time ago. I also remember buying a gun, paying for it with a check and walking out with
the gun and hand written receipt.

Last four cases of 7.62 NATO AP that I purchased was maybe 20 - 25 years ago. 2.500 rounds per case for about $150 a case. Still have it, sealed and unopened in my personal armory.

With what's happening in current events, I see ammo as more of a commodity today than ever before.
 
The miracle of DoD surplus auctions! I used to watch them like a hawk eyeing a gopher.
I don't imagine deals like that are really possible anymore...

I'm still sad I wasn't able to pick up this beauty a few years ago; winning offer was $17,300, but it was at Pearl Harbor, and I sure as hell had no place to put it! I have no idea how much it would've cost to crate up and ship back to the mainland, but I did some quick math and figured if I loaded it to the gunnels with every ounce of marine diesel I could without sinking her, it'd cost me roughly the purchase price again in fuel just to chug across the Pacific, assuming we'd even survive the passage!

2783704_2702_162_0001.jpg

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom