18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback In Ear Electronic Protection that doesn't suck?

I like the Axil Pros - use the bigger sizes to make sure you dont have any leak in your protection (you should be 'screwing' them into your ear). The downside is that they have a phantom battery drain. My guess is its a firmware issue where they wake up and start searching for a BT sync. Outside of that, solid performance!
 
The EEP-100's are pretty good from 3M - I like those but they're not so good without the skull skrews. Also with open guns you'll still want to use foamies with outer ear pro. I swap between the EEP-100's / Sordin outer ear / Impact . I've always wanted to try the Otto Noizebarriers but didn't get to try it.
 
The EEP-100's are pretty good from 3M - I like those but they're not so good without the skull skrews. Also with open guns you'll still want to use foamies with outer ear pro. I swap between the EEP-100's / Sordin outer ear / Impact . I've always wanted to try the Otto Noizebarriers but didn't get to try it.
you wear the eep-100's under muffs? work well? i'm thinking about going this route. eep-100 under sordins so i can hear people talking
 
None. Walker XCEL-500 BT are by far the best headphones I've seen for the money, and they block sound really well too
 
What led you to pick the Music Pro instead of the Etymotic Gun Sport Pro for $100 less and more protection? Gun Sport Pro Will be interested in your comments after use.
I was still trying to decide between that and the GSP I don’t think you can go wrong with that one too. I’m also considering using it for concerts too. I’m mainly outdoors so it’s not so bad since I never shoot indoors. The battery replacement is also a pro and a con.

I’m still going back and forth with the GSP
 
I double up when AP shooting because I have a pretty serious hearing loss (not from shooting), and I cannot afford to lose more. My inner ones are electronic Starkey hearing protectors called Sound Gear (which require a mold), and the outer protection is Otto Muffs. Both work exceptionally well. I see a few AP shooters wearing Sordin muffs, and I tried them, but they did not work for me.

 
What led you to pick the Music Pro instead of the Etymotic Gun Sport Pro for $100 less and more protection? Gun Sport Pro Will be interested in your comments after use.

I was still trying to decide between that and the GSP I don’t think you can go wrong with that one too. I’m also considering using it for concerts too. I’m mainly outdoors so it’s not so bad since I never shoot indoors. The battery replacement is also a pro and a con.

I’m still going back and forth with the GSP
Ended up exchanging for the gun sport pros. The batteries is really what I was on the fence about. I’ll just change them often. Otherwise the blast protection is better
 
Tried these, I’ll check them out later this week to see how it goes. I like and dislike that it has limited batteries but better than having lithium-ion ones guaranteed to die out.

These will work as solid ear pro for years (hopefully) without gradually losing charge. Plus the batteries are standard which I like and easy to get.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1772.webp
    IMG_1772.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 17
I ended up ordering the Harris and Sons F12's
Like I figured, after a hearing test, ive lost some hearing already. That means my insurance is covering a big chunk of the cost.
Had my ear impressions done, sent them out yesterday.
No clue when I will get them in person, but I will do a full write up, 1000 round review once i get them.
 
I have not yet found one that works for me. I've tried several, including somewhat expensive custom molded ones, and none give enough hearing protection when shooting anything big, loud, or with a brake.

I'd love to find one, but so far no luck. Looking forward to possible solutions here.
 
I have not yet found one that works for me. I've tried several, including somewhat expensive custom molded ones, and none give enough hearing protection when shooting anything big, loud, or with a brake.

I'd love to find one, but so far no luck. Looking forward to possible solutions here.
Double up, foamies + electronic + gel cups
 
surefire ep7's with vents open under electronic muffs has been working well. has some protection during a class when there is always that one shooter that still fires when everyone takes their earpro off
 
Anyone got any experience with the Walker earbuds? I've been using Walker Slim Electronics for a few years now, and their suppressor, isolator, and restrictor models are on sale for around 100-150 as of typing this.
 
Sordin neckbands when doubling up for better comfort and fitment/seal when moving. Otto Noizebarriers for outdoor range use.
 
Back
Top Bottom