18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question How does one pass the rank “New Member”?

Tactical Dorito

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
9
I’ve been a new member since April of 24 and I still see “new members” on my profile still and was wondering if there’s a rank that pass “new members “ also what does “think twice “ mean when I see on my profile and many others? Thank you
 
You need to upgrade your account which is essentially a verification.

Thank you I appreciate it
Would you guys rather the term Use Caution? I'm busting my balls trying to make it so people don't send to new accounts or low usage accounts.
I do appreciate for the work you put for the website, I just got confused and want to question the community about it when I fist saw when I logged in. The low usage make since since I don’t log in a lot
 
I’ve been a new member since April of 24 and I still see “new members” on my profile still and was wondering if there’s a rank that pass “new members “ also what does “think twice “ mean when I see on my profile and many others? Thank you
How about another 2-3 public posts/messages and see if that changes anything; add that to your 8? 😉
 
I’ve been a new member since April of 24 and I still see “new members” on my profile still and was wondering if there’s a rank that pass “new members “ also what does “think twice “ mean when I see on my profile and many others? Thank you

No wonder I was confused by your thread title. It should be, "How does one rank past New Member?". Usage of the word "rank" as a verb would have made more sense with the correct preposition.
 
Last edited:
I assumed it’s based on the amount of posts a while back. I’ve done a bunch of PPTs and purchases here but mainly lurk myself and barely engage 🥸
That’s right, if it was by feedback that would encourage fake feedback. The thought was if you got more than 3 real feedback you probably got a good deal and it’s worth a donation to upgrade to get rid of it or encourage people to voluntarily verify their account.

People keep sending money to fresh accounts though. New member was always there but added some visual cues
 
Throw out a few controversial opinions, as long as their genuine. Like how striker fired polymer pistols suck. Message alot of members trying to make some deals and trades happen.. Ignore idiots who post statements in the question area of your posts of low-ball offers that should have been a direct message. Ask for crazy prices on your high end items and reasonable prices on your reasonable items as is the custom here.
 
Throw out a few controversial opinions, as long as their genuine. Like how striker fired polymer pistols suck. Message alot of members trying to make some deals and trades happen.. Ignore idiots who post statements in the question area of your posts of low-ball offers that should have been a direct message. Ask for crazy prices on your high end items and reasonable prices on your reasonable items as is the custom here.
Low ball offers and DM don’t count towards message count. Low ball offers will be removed and if consistently egregiously low across multiple people, will get a warning.
 
Back
Top Bottom