18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Estate sale transfer

memo_2jz

Member+
2A
2026
Messages
10
Good morning everyone!!
I had a question about registering a firearm purchased at an estate sale, and what would be the process?
 
Wouldnt you just make a plan with the seller to meet at an FFL and do the transfer like any normal PPT?

I feel we need more info.
 
Well I’m GUESSING you paid for it at an estate sale but haven’t transferred it physically yet… all transfers need to go thru a FFL, so hopefully you DIDNT take possession without the transfer.
 
Agree with everyone… you need to discuss that with the estate executor and arranged ffl meet up for the transfer
 
Sorry I should have put more info, no I have not paid for a firearm nor have it in my possession. A buddy of mine wanted to go to an estate sale this weekend and they have some firearms for sale. I just wanted info on how and if it’s possible.
 
Arrange with the executor if the estate to meet at an FFL for a Private Party Transfer. Pay the background check, wait 10 days, pick it up, and you're good
 
Sorry I should have put more info, no I have not paid for a firearm nor have it in my possession. A buddy of mine wanted to go to an estate sale this weekend and they have some firearms for sale. I just wanted info on how and if it’s possible.
Where’s the estate sale? Might wanna take a look for myself!
 
It is in Temecula, turns out they were BB guns. I guess he just wanted me to go with him to this sale haha
That Coleco Vision would have had my interest, but I'm broke right now and it looks like it started on the 18th. Typically good stuff goes first day or two.
 
That Coleco Vision would have had my interest, but I'm broke right now and it looks like it started on the 18th. Typically good stuff goes first day or two.
I mean... if you just want to play ColecoVision, but don't want to drop the coin, I may know a guy who has a decent CV collection... keep it on the DL tho. 😅
 
My first console was an Atari 2600.
Mine too! And this guy... may have one of those as well. As well as like two dozen other systems. If you're ever curious, you know where you find me...🕹
 
Back
Top Bottom