18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Cal Guns Covnert

BOOLITZ

Member+
2A
2026
Messages
69
Classified ads
2
Was on the old site for years. Stepped away for a bit only to see that its un useable. Glad we have a new home!
 
same here but MAJORITY of the folks are still posting there whenever the site does work ...
 
The only thing cal guns had going for it was they had a good classified section because of the number of members.

However, they're forums became so f'ing toxic and you couldn't ask a simple benign question without 20 trolls trying to start 💩 with you. The worst part of it all is you see everybody's true colors over there. The shooting community always talks about how it's a brotherhood. At the range that statement would be more true. You'll never meet a nicer group of people that are more helpful regardless of each person's belief. But of course this is face to face. But you put those same people who only know your ad your username behind the keyboard, watch the hatred flow. This place is not like that and I certainly hope the moderators keep it kumbaya. This should be a place for friendship, a place to come and get help and great gun law information, and just the overall enjoyment of speaking with people about firearms. Shouldn't be about people attacking each other
 
The shooting community always talks about how it's a brotherhood. At the range that statement would be more true.
Our goal is to make this place model an internet range... We hope people go outside and touch grass, and send some rounds downrange no matter what your discipline. Also, hope that you guys make some good connections here and maybe even a few friends.
 
Our goal is to make this place model an internet range... We hope people go outside and touch grass, and send some rounds downrange no matter what your discipline. Also, hope that you guys make some good connections here and maybe even a few friends.


Aside from a couple known trolls from the other site, it seems like the people that switched over here were the good members of calguns. You guys have done a great job building this thing so far
 
The site magically started working again for me last week. I noticed they removed feedback received/left, which sucks since I was hoping to use a link to it as a reference in my bio
 
Was on the old site for years. Stepped away for a bit only to see that its un useable. Glad we have a new home!
I have no idea what their problem is truly. Great site but I can only get in about 40% of the time.
 
Cal Guns isn't working since this week's "upgrade".

You get constant registration pages instead of thread loading. Whatever they did there, it made it worse.
 
Cal Guns isn't working since this week's "upgrade".

You get constant registration pages instead of thread loading. Whatever they did there, it made it worse.
It's pretty bad.. It's so much worse. I was just there for a CGN Verification and Holy Moly its bad..
 
This morning I get a warning that the site is insecure and private info is at risk.

"It's dead, Jim".
 
I got the same insecure site warning. Worse yet, I was in the middle of a purchase, and now I have no way to contact the seller to arrange the PPT!
 
This morning I get a warning that the site is insecure and private info is at risk.

"It's dead, Jim".
SSL certificate expired. They didn’t pay their bill. It’ll likely come back online again but might be a few days if they aren’t paying attention.

I have to remove the CGN Verificstion now.

It looks like they might be trying to migrate again and got a new server that’s not fully configured.
 
Last edited:
I have a feeling that Calguns is about as secure as leaving your gun safe wide open sitting in your driveway. We know accounts have been hacked, so who knows what else has been compromised. Even if all the bugs get fixed, who knows what is lurking in the code.
 
Back
Top Bottom