18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

BLM land for shooting Bay Area

There’s none that I know that are close by. You’d have to force hours out. Youre better off at Los Gatos rod and gun that let you shoot whatever and allow rapid fire.
 
If you find any, I’d be interested too, but I’ve been told there’s nothing near the Bay Area.
 
Attachments were only visible when I replied.
 
I suggest you either go have fun at Los Altos Rod and Gun or drive down to The Range in Soledad that has long distance steel targets, on Friday evenings they open up for night shooting.
 
Best place is off I5, Panoche Hills. Thats where we normally go. BLM.

Otherwise, Los Altos Rod and Gun allows rapid fire for a good day trip at a range.
 
Best place is off I5, Panoche Hills. Thats where we normally go. BLM.

Otherwise, Los Altos Rod and Gun allows rapid fire for a good day trip at a range.
Shhhhh stop telling everyone about it, it’s gotten so much more busy there over the years
 
Shhhhh stop telling everyone about it, it’s gotten so much more busy there over the years
Has it? I was there in March. Never saw anyone in 3 days. But most don't dare go past the day use area. Scurd of the fire roads. haha
 
I blasted a couple hundred practicing for my CCW renewal last week near the Griswold Day use and across New Idria nearby. Didn't see anyone either day. Griswold was clean, across the way was a F-ing mess of brass and garbage. Saw a couple rattlers at both so be careful reaching down for trash & brass. For those wondering, that WILL get your attention.

Note: Idria Rd and Panoche Rd are AFU with potholes, no pavement and anything else that could be wrong. Calling the deviations a bump or divot would be too kind- mini cantons would be closer to truth.
 
Last edited:
Best place is off I5, Panoche Hills. Thats where we normally go. BLM.

Otherwise, Los Altos Rod and Gun allows rapid fire for a good day trip at a range.
I agree with ^^^^

Tumey Hills experiences seasonal accessibility. Entry is generally available from approximately the end of November through April 15th.

The BLM Central Coast Field Office will close Panoche and Tumey Hills in Fresno County on April 15th to vehicle access seasonally for public safety and to reduce risk of wildfires. Opening dates are determined annually based on existing conditions.
 
Back
Top Bottom