18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

BLACK DOG ARMORY in Fremont, a good choice for midpoint between East Bay and San Jose

Baldy333

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
2026 2 25+ 2 Mostest
Messages
158
Classified ads
2
I've now done two PPTs at Black Dog, and the guy who helped me with both PPTs is very efficient and a pleasure to deal with. The store has a big display full of guns on consignment as well as a good number of pistols and long guns. I heard a sales person talking to another customer and saying that they would order anything they didn't have.

I believe they only do PPTs from 11a - 1p, but this is perfectly understandable since gun stores are required by law to perform PPTs and are only allowed to make $10 per transaction.

40655 Grimmer Blvd Fremont, CA 94538
 

Attachments

  • BlackDog.jpg
    BlackDog.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 8
Do you know how much they charge for FFL? Been looking for someone charging less than $80 (the cheapest I know right now in the Bay Area).
 
Black Dog is one of the best.
They were one of the few places in the bay area who did PPTs during the lockdowns. Most other LGS refused to do PPT at the time.
Their prices were also very fair during those times when other stores were marking up like crazy.

Unfortunately, Fremont is a bit far for me, so stopped going there once things came back to normal and my local FFL's were open.
 
Do you know how much they charge for FFL? Been looking for someone charging less than $80 (the cheapest I know right now in the Bay Area).
Sorry, my only experience is PPT.
 
I was there way back when it was Irvington Arms. I see that after that it was 'Annie's Guns', and now Black Dog. I had a great experience at Irvington. Went to do an FFL transfer for a few things, and also bought a barely used older Marlin Model 60 they had.
It's nice to share info on places that run smoothly. I also have no issue with limiting PPT hours. That's probably what I'd do if I had a shop.
 
Between 11-1 for ppt? No thanks. Not a place I would do any business with. J&r in Livermore has never had any restrictions.
 
Do you know how much they charge for FFL? Been looking for someone charging less than $80 (the cheapest I know right now in the Bay Area).
What place charges a $80 transfer fee?

Black Dog charges $125.
 
What place charges a $80 transfer fee?

Black Dog charges $125.
I was there for a PPT, a Private Party Transfer from one Californian to another Californian in a private transaction, which only costs $47.19 with no CA excise tax. The FFL is only allowed to make $10.00 on the transaction.
 
Back
Top Bottom