18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Implemented Anyway to add a 1911 / 2011 gunsmithing forum?

Johnny5

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
13
Basically a place where people can help one another out with anything gunsmithing. I suggested 1911 / 2011 as I’m currently building one. :) Would love to meet others locally to get ideas and assistance with mine.

Also thinking that would be good to break it down like Glocks, Canik, AR-15, etc.

Just trying to contribute to the forum where I can. Let me know if I can help in anyway as well.
 
If we do it it’d be a single forum until it gains traction. I’m open to it if others vote on it. The ones with the most votes gets in. For now, I have some things I’m working on but when I have time I’ll review the requests
 
We work like Reddit. If the community wants it, it goes in
 
Would be cool to get a subforum on gunsmithing: tips, tricks, suggestions to youtube pages, maybe even a classified section for services or at least a thread for each county so we can post and maybe even rate gunsmiths local to that region.

Thoughts, @ikeo1 ?
 
You read my mind. I’ve been looking for well reviewed, community recommended shops, so it would be great to see this.
 
There’s another suggestion for this, so this will be added later
 
Could also be cool to have a similar area for private practice FFLs who do PPTs.
This one eventually. I still need to work out that plan. It’s on my list. I have a few things I’m currently working on.
 
Ask and people come together and it'll get done. Here you guys go.

 
Back
Top Bottom