18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Privacy, long tail, alt accounts

cgncgn112

Member
Messages
25
I created an alt account recently and it got shut down. I did not know you couldn't do that. Sorry.
But is anybody else not interested in having a permanent public list of all the guns you've ever sold?

edit: nothing sketchy btw; I'm not boosting feedback or astroturfing replies. I just want to be able to sell some guns on one account, and some guns on another account, ...and of course one account exclusively for trading body armor, as you do.
 
Last edited:
On the other hand, having a comprehensive history of positive feedback makes buying and selling easier, and helps establish longer relationships. As long as you avoid posting PII, having such a list of sales is not a big concern.

Besides that, a classifieds section is a nice feature to have, but is not the primary purpose of the forum.
 
Oh yeah, history is good; it keeps us safe. I just want like... a normal amount of history. And control over it. Y'all don't need to see my entire collection to judge if I can complete one sale. A few recent is fine.
You're at 0-0-0, and that's the most common rating on here.

The classifieds is 100% why I'm here. That and CalGuns being less active/reliable.
 
I created an alt account recently and it got shut down. I did not know you couldn't do that. Sorry.
But is anybody else not interested in having a permanent public list of all the guns you've ever sold?

edit: nothing sketchy btw; I'm not boosting feedback or astroturfing replies. I just want to be able to sell some guns on one account, and some guns on another account, ...and of course one account exclusively for trading body armor, as you do.
We’re working on a feature in this space. The shirt funds and memberships support these features.

The feedback is tied with the alias to build reputation. Multiple accounts can be used in very negative ways and specifically used by scammers. Not every legitimate account uses multiple but every scam account tries to make multiple.

The feature being worked on will archive after a certain time period and only be available to the owner and if possible person feedback is left since that is also part of their reputation.

This is one of the conditions of the site. We’ve had good members decide not to use the service until it’s built. The other side is it’s expensive to develop and takes a lot of time. We’ve been slightly more forward with the donations and fundraising because of this. Aside from that a lot of information is not available in public. You can check if your profile is available publicly, it is not and not indexed by search engines or AI. You need to be a member to view feedback.
 
Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Quite honestly though, I would *pay* to have the ability to have a couple public-facing accounts that I can keep separate and delete eventually.
 
Back
Top Bottom