18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

How to get rid of 'Latest Posts', 'Vendor Listings', 'Vendor Aanouncements', etc?

NapalmCheese

Active member
Messages
111
When I login I have large swaths of screen real estate taken up by what seem to be auto generated section previews including for sale listings. I'd like to not see those anymore unless I go to those specific areas but haven't seen any obvious way to kill those sections. Am I missing something?
 
When I login I have large swaths of screen real estate taken up by what seem to be auto generated section previews including for sale listings. I'd like to not see those anymore unless I go to those specific areas but haven't seen any obvious way to kill those sections. Am I missing something?
That's how we pay the bills... That's the benefit they get for their monthly support is on the main page. You can scroll by them. The vendor announcements should be the latest deals there... We do have some that get removed when you become a paid subscriber but not everything gets removed.

As much as I'd like to operate the site for free, I can't afford to pay out of pocket. Plus, these are all local vendors. They should be advertising their best deals and we want more FFL's to do better in the state. Main page is everything, you're able to click on the what's new at the top to view just the latest posts but main landing section is prime real estate.


I am open to updating this, but otherwise, I'm going for the magazine approach...
 
That's pretty well what I figured; thanks for the answer.
We try to balance the needs for everyone. If you set your homepage to the what's new post i posted, you won't see any ads. If you upgrade your account, ads will also be reduced around the site.

So there are options we provide to service the entire community .
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom