18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Hi from Sacramento

weaverftw

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
2026
Messages
927
Hey all, newcomer here who was on Calguns for many years and just tried logging in recently after a 3ish year hiatus only to find out she gone.

I’m in Sacramento and used to shoot at a Cordova Shooting Center, James Mangan Park, Sac Valley, the Gun Range, and most recently have been going to Sacramento Gun Range/Club.

I used to be into rifle shooting (started with Appleseed then progressed to obsessing over creating the perfect loads on a single stage press and shooting longer ranges up to 600yds), but for the last 5 years or so have been spending most of my time at the 25 yard range with pistols.

Currently have a CZ 75BD, Glock 19, Glock 26, Sig SP2022, custom AR that used to be a S&W M&P Sport, R700 with SWFA fixed scope and a sweet trigger I remember nothing about (lol), 1933 Mosin Nagant 91/30 with a bit of shrapnel embedded in the stock that I think was in the Spanish Civil War (she was my first gun purchase in college), and an old .22lr Marlin rifle passed down by my grandpa.

I have an Sig P365 base model sitting in jail right now that I’m picking up on Fri and CAN’T WAIT!! It’s been like 5 years since I bought a gun (or ammo since I stocked up like crazy in 2020) and I’d forgotten how it feels like Christmas used to as a kid, ha!

Have my CCW interview with the sheriff in 7 days; excited for that and in the process of buying all kinds of goodies (belt, holster, optic, etc).

Hoping to connect with some like-minded folks nearby and get some range trips in (either indoors or maybe head up near Spenceville with some steel targets, clays, etc), and would like to explore action pistol shooting (USPSA, IDPA or similar). Also want to get some more training beyond the NRA Basic/Intermediate classes I’ve done long ago.

Glass to be here and hopefully this place is as helpful as its predecessor!
 
Last edited:
Hey all, newcomer here who was on Calguns for many years and just tried logging in recently after a 3ish year hiatus only to find out she gone.

I’m in Sacramento and used to shoot at a Cordova Shooting Center, James Mangan Park, Sac Valley, the Gun Range, and most recently have been going to Sacramento Gun Range/Club.

I used to be into rifle shooting (started with Appleseed then progressed to obsessing over creating the perfect loads on a single stage press and shooting longer ranges up to 600yds), but for the last 5 years or so have been spending most of my time at the 25 yard range with pistols.

Currently have a CZ 75BD, Glock 19, Glock 26, Sig SP2022, custom AR that used to be a S&W M&P Sport, R700 with SWFA fixed scope and a sweet trigger I remember nothing about (lol), 1933 Mosin Nagant 91/30 with a bit of shrapnel embedded in the stock that I think was in the Spanish Civil War (she was my first gun purchase in college), and an old .22lr Marlin rifle passed down by my grandpa.

I have an Sig P365 base model sitting in jail right now that I’m picking up on Fri and CAN’T WAIT!! It’s been like 5 years since I bought a gun (or ammo since I stocked up like crazy in 2020) and I’d forgotten how it feels like Christmas used to as a kid, ha!

Have my CCW interview with the sheriff in 7 days; excited for that and in the process of buying all kinds of goodies (belt, holster, optic, etc).

Hoping to connect with some like-minded folks nearby and get some range trips in (either indoors or maybe head up near Spenceville with some steel targets, clays, etc), and would like to explore action pistol shooting (USPSA, IDPA or similar). Also want to get some more training beyond the NRA Basic/Intermediate classes I’ve done long ago.

Glass to be here and hopefully this place is as helpful as its predecessor!
there is a dedicated 'new member intro' thread in case you're thinking of writing a sequel...
 
there is a dedicated 'new member intro' thread in case you're thinking of writing a sequel...
Shame on me for clicking the “Post Thread” button right next to “New Here? Getting Started” section and then following the template the site provides for new member posts so that my post ended up right along with all the other new member posts like “Hi guys” and “Newcomer from Calguns.”

Didn’t realize this was twitter and glad to see it’s a welcoming forum - can’t imagine why you’d take the time out of your busy day to post a reply like this. Did someone hurt you
 
Hey all, newcomer here who was on Calguns for many years and just tried logging in recently after a 3ish year hiatus only to find out she gone.

I’m in Sacramento and used to shoot at a Cordova Shooting Center, James Mangan Park, Sac Valley, the Gun Range, and most recently have been going to Sacramento Gun Range/Club.

I used to be into rifle shooting (started with Appleseed then progressed to obsessing over creating the perfect loads on a single stage press and shooting longer ranges up to 600yds), but for the last 5 years or so have been spending most of my time at the 25 yard range with pistols.

Currently have a CZ 75BD, Glock 19, Glock 26, Sig SP2022, custom AR that used to be a S&W M&P Sport, R700 with SWFA fixed scope and a sweet trigger I remember nothing about (lol), 1933 Mosin Nagant 91/30 with a bit of shrapnel embedded in the stock that I think was in the Spanish Civil War (she was my first gun purchase in college), and an old .22lr Marlin rifle passed down by my grandpa.

I have an Sig P365 base model sitting in jail right now that I’m picking up on Fri and CAN’T WAIT!! It’s been like 5 years since I bought a gun (or ammo since I stocked up like crazy in 2020) and I’d forgotten how it feels like Christmas used to as a kid, ha!

Have my CCW interview with the sheriff in 7 days; excited for that and in the process of buying all kinds of goodies (belt, holster, optic, etc).

Hoping to connect with some like-minded folks nearby and get some range trips in (either indoors or maybe head up near Spenceville with some steel targets, clays, etc), and would like to explore action pistol shooting (USPSA, IDPA or similar). Also want to get some more training beyond the NRA Basic/Intermediate classes I’ve done long ago.

Glass to be here and hopefully this place is as helpful as its predecessor!
Welcome from sac also
 
Shame on me for clicking the “Post Thread” button right next to “New Here? Getting Started” section and then following the template the site provides for new member posts so that my post ended up right along with all the other new member posts like “Hi guys” and “Newcomer from Calguns.”

Didn’t realize this was twitter and glad to see it’s a welcoming forum - can’t imagine why you’d take the time out of your busy day to post a reply like this. Did someone hurt you
Welcome to the board.... Don't mind people.. Most people here are pretty chill
 
Welcome to the board.... Don't mind people.. Most people here are pretty chill
Yup. Except those that aren't. ;-)
I'm Sacramento adjacent and am a member of Sac Gun Range. I'm also semi-retired so hit me up if you ever want to go create explosions that hurl projectiles.
 
Back
Top Bottom