18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Hello from a long-time CalGunner!

VICARA

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
21
Greetings everyone! I’ve been a long-time resident of the Bay Area, but I moved to Las Vegas during the Y2K computer scare. After a brief time in Sin City, I returned to the Bay Area for the same job with the same company (I’m fully retired now), though I maintained my primary residence in Vegas. Currently, we’re staying here temporarily to spend time with our baby granddaughter, but I travel back and forth every other month because I miss visiting the range in Las Vegas. So you can say, I'm a dual citizen of CA and NV?

Hello to my fellow CalGunners!

I have a few questions but will post in the appropriate forum section.
 
Greetings everyone! I’ve been a long-time resident of the Bay Area, but I moved to Las Vegas during the Y2K computer scare. After a brief time in Sin City, I returned to the Bay Area for the same job with the same company (I’m fully retired now), though I maintained my primary residence in Vegas. Currently, we’re staying here temporarily to spend time with our baby granddaughter, but I travel back and forth every other month because I miss visiting the range in Las Vegas. So you can say, I'm a dual citizen of CA and NV?

Hello to my fellow CalGunners!

I have a few questions but will post in the appropriate forum section.
Welcome to the board. Congrats on maintaining your tax free status abroad! :)

How do the ranges compare between CA and LV?
 
Welcome to the board. Congrats on maintaining your tax free status abroad! :)

How do the ranges compare between CA and LV?
For a quick session, I usually go to American Shooters on Arville St which is a few minutes from the Strip. In here, there's no rule like 3 seconds between shots or ceasefire every 5 minutes or so; you can dumped your mag as fast as you can. You can bring your own or rent full-autos and you can even shoot it next to a handgun lane. Mostly tourist do that! For outdoor session, I go to Clark County Shooting Complex off Decatur Blvd which is far out of the city. In here you can shoot from a holster, rapid fire an AR and/or practice your USPSA/IPSC drill. Its just hellish hot in the summer :(
 
Back
Top Bottom