18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Guess I’ve been living under a rock!

Gripside80

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
5
Hello! I’m new to the much better and up to date site to the old turd “one”. Thanks to a close friend who told me I’m an idiot, and this is the place to be. Man I’m glad he told me. Here I am. Glad to be here! Same handle and here to hang!
 
Hello! I’m new to the much better and up to date site to the old turd “one”. Thanks to a close friend who told me I’m an idiot, and this is the place to be. Man I’m glad he told me. Here I am. Glad to be here! Same handle and here to hang!
Welcome sir, happy you made it! 👍😎
 
Welcome! Glad you made it here. The beautiful thing about the internet is you can come and go between both sites.. The more 2A places to go the better.
 
Welcome.
Now, why do people feel the need to disparage the other site?
Likely because of the way they treat others/outsiders. Many times from what I’ve seen people on CGN aren’t very friendly to newcomers if they’re younger or from Reddit.. here, if you’re interested in firearms you’re good.

CGN has some interesting hot takes and banter so people can take it personally. Bouncing around is good though, if you like C&R they have more contributors. 2011’s here is good resource
 
Honestly….. nothing bad to say about the people. The site hasn’t let me get access to my messages for quite some time. Really frustrating. That’s where the frustrated “turd” comment was derived from. Had many years of great transactions and commentary over there. I stopped visiting when my messages became inaccessible.
 
Honestly….. nothing bad to say about the people. The site hasn’t let me get access to my messages for quite some time. Really frustrating. That’s where the frustrated “turd” comment was derived from. Had many years of great transactions and commentary over there. I stopped visiting when my messages became inaccessible.
Right , almost forgot about that. The site is down a lot and has a lot of functional issues
 
Likely because of the way they treat others/outsiders. Many times from what I’ve seen people on CGN aren’t very friendly to newcomers if they’re younger or from Reddit.. here, if you’re interested in firearms you’re good.

CGN has some interesting hot takes and banter so people can take it personally. Bouncing around is good though, if you like C&R they have more contributors. 2011’s here is good resource
I mean I get that, but then again I also saw your posts over there so that may have colored your experience a bit. I liken a lot of it to my 6 year old saying "I don't love you" when I tell him no.
 
Unfortunately many people at CalGuns got butt hurt when this site opened up. Never mind the fact that for a few years, one could never get on CalGuns. I’m happy this site works properly.
 
I mean I get that, but then again I also saw your posts over there so that may have colored your experience a bit. I liken a lot of it to my 6 year old saying "I don't love you" when I tell him no.
That experience did color my experience for sure, I’ve been a member there for over a decade and was surprised how bad some of the people can react to feeling threatened, but that let me know there was space for a site like this one.

Every match, I meet people who are new to 2A so more available places for people to go the better IMO.

We’re always glad when people make it over to try the site.

Unfortunately many people at CalGuns got butt hurt when this site opened up.
Yep.. so I don’t blame them. To be fair, there are many many more people from Calguns who are supportive. It’s really only a small vocal minority.

We have the blue Jedi badge for Calguns Verification and original ghost badge for recognition for that group.

Been seeing a lot of people come in recently. Looks like the site isn’t available again… They probably need to cycle the services..
 
different strokes for different folks
this site works, that's what I expect from a site on the www
the other site works too, with significant time-out limitations
 
Back
Top Bottom